Welcome to the NC TraCS Community Academic Exchange, a one-stop shop for anyone interested in engaging communities, faculty and healthcare providers in translational research at UNC-CH and across the state of North Carolina.
We envision this Exchange as many things:
- A place for you to find helpful information and resources;
- A connection point bringing together community members, researchers, and clinicians;
- The first step in an interactive process of collaborative problem-solving between relevant stakeholders.
This Exchange is part of a larger effort by the NC TraCS Community Academic Resources for Engaged Scholarship (CARES) service to ensure that every region of North Carolina participates in and benefits from health research.
Here you can access valuable expertise and resources, such as:
- Research Services including Community-Based Participatory Research Charrettes, or facilitated community meetings; Investigator and Community consultations; and Connections with our networks of health-care practices and community organizations
- Initiatives which focus on strengthening collaborations with minority partners and moving the sciences of Community Engagement, Dissemination and Implementation forward
- A Map of CARES Projects by County so that you can see what we’re doing across the state of the North Carolina!
- Workshops & Seminars intended to build capacity for community members, organizations and health care providers to conduct translational research
- Evidence Academies which are venues for sharing important research findings and implementation strategies among investigators and community stakeholders
- Training Programs such as the Research Engaged Community Scholars Mentored Cohort program, which helps build the capacity of community-based organizations to engage in partnered research with an academic institution through mentorship with Community and Academic experts
Take a look around, visit awhile and join us in our efforts to accelerate discoveries toward better health for all North Carolinians!